Monday, August 12, 2013

Cocoa Chia Peanut Butter Oat Raw Cookies Recipe!!! Delicious!!!!

While looking for a raw and healthy recipe I came across this recipe and I made a few changes to make it a bit healthier even and I have to say that I LOVE IT!!!! They came out super delicious!!

So, for this recipe you'll need:

- 1/4 cup of organic coconut syrup
- 1/2 cup of organic oat milk (you can use any other nut milk. Do not use cow's milk! This is a raw recipe and cow's milk may get sour and yucky...and between you and me cow's milk is for calves not humans.)
- 1/2 cup of coconut butter (Place 2 and 1/2 cups of organic unsweetened shredded coconut in the vitamix (or any other blender or a food processor) and turn it on...you will have to stop it and use a spoon to put the butter down and then turn on again. To make the mixing work faster I add coconut oil (coconut oil or any oil is not really healthy....I think that adding a bit of water may do the job. I'll try that next time) It is not liquid when it is done. It has the texture of the coconut oil when is in the hard state.
- 1/2 cup of organic peanut butter
- 1 Tbl of vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs of organic cocoa powder
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 4 Tbs of chia seeds (optional)

Directions:

Place all the wet ingredients and mix well. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

You can enjoy them in these 3 ways:

1) Make them into small balls or flat cookies and eat them just like that!!!

2) Place the cookies and place them in a plate in the fridge and leave it there for about an hour before consumption.

3) Place them in the dehydrator. "Hearts in your food" recommends put it in 140 for about an hour...I like to use less temperature so I have them at 105 and I will leave it for about an hour and a half and check how they look...You really do not have to worry or stress this cookies can be eaten even without putting them in the dehydrator so you can look if they look ready to you then they are!

Store them in the fridge!!

When you eat them they'll melt in your mouth!!!! They are delicious!!! I hope you enjoy them as much as me and my children do!!!

Please let me know how you like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment