Thursday, September 8, 2011

A nice case of serendipity!

When we decided to have a second child we also decided to stay away from hospitals. We didn't have a very good experience with our first son being in the NICU for 4 days...It may not seem that much to you...Maybe your child was there for longer, but for me it seemed it was for ever. Anyway, we didn't want to go through that again. So we planned a home birth. We had a nice midwife, the birthing pool, and all. But on May 18th 2011 after getting an ultrasound because I was 15 days pass my due date, I was sent to the hospital to be induced. The worst part wasn't not having the home birth experience that I was expecting but 2 days later my baby girl stopped breathing when I was nursing her and she turned blue....I am not trying to share my baby's birth experience just to get to the part that doesn't hurt the body or the soul but my pockets! I had to pay the midwife plus the hospital bills out of my pocket (I have a high deductible insurance policy), the ER visit, the ride in ambulance to a hospital that had a NICU and I am still receiving bills...(The MOST important thing is that she is OK) All of this is to tell you that I was trying to gather materials for start again our homeschooling journey that we started as soon as my son could hold a pencil in his hand, and I was getting frustrated and discouraged about homeschooling using the Montessori method because I can't afford all the materials that are needed...not with all the bills raining on us....

And then it happened. I emailed a person that was selling some knobless cylinders. And not only she sold the cylinders to me for a decent price she gave me ALL of this for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Juliette gave me: The pink tower, the brown stairs, 
geometric solids with cards, the small number rods, 3 small glasses for pouring
activities, and a beautiful pitcher that sadly didn't survive, the small apron and 



THANK YOU Juliette!!!!
You are so nice, so kind to share this goodies with us!!!
Thank you VERY SUPER much!




No comments:

Post a Comment